Private equity activities were introduced at the end of the 1980s with the aim of acquiring stakes in companies based mostly in the North-East of Italy.
At the beginning of the 2000s, Finint widened its activities through the following strategies:
- participation of institutional investors and family office investors in the setting up of investment companies specialized in private equity transactions;
- the building of a dedicated private-equity team within a purposefully created company (Finint & Partners), providing advisory services to investment companies.
For over 10 years, Finint & Partners has been seeking and selecting capital investments mostly in Italian companies, managing portfolio companies, supporting management in drawing up industrial plans and in the implementation of a value-creation strategy aimed at a medium-term exit.
With an active strategy towards investment, Finint & Partners evaluates opportunities with a sectorial diversification approach, mainly focusing on unlisted companies, with the aim of supporting managers and/or entrepreneurs in their industrial plans within a national and international competitive context, based on the following actions:
- supporting entrepreneurs wishing to increase their company’s turnover and improve the quality of their products and services by means of majority stakes or qualified minority interests;
- organizing buy-out operations in partnership with other qualified financial investors, providing advice to the existing management and/or providing external management experts, at times solving problems related to generational change;
- providing companies with the necessary capital to develop, favoring business combination and external growth opportunities.
Finint & Partners is an ordinary member of AIFI (Italian association for Private Equity and Venture Capital), and cooperates with the Borsa Italiana, (Italian Stock Exchange) to promote the ELITE Project.
For more information visit the web site of Finint & Partners